Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Princess and the Quest for Love, part 2 (or, Why Didn't I Just Stick to My Original Plan)

I like to think that I'm not the sort of princess who likes to play stupid relationship games.  I like to think that I'm a fairly mature woman.  I like to think that I'm clear with my intentions.  Perhaps I'm just deluded.
When Scarlett and I realized Sheep52 told us different names, we were quite suspicious of the guy.  She decided that she was finished talking to him.  I thought that maybe there was a valid reason for the different names, like, maybe a friend of his was chatting with Scarlett on the instant messenger, that sort of thing.  So I decided to ask. 
"I'm not a games-y sort of gal, so I'm going to be straightforward about this...why does my friend (who is also on mormondatingsite) think your name is damien?"  

I have changed his name and the name of the dating site, to protect those that haven't permitted me to use their information, but the rest is just copy/pasted from the email message I sent.  I probably could have phrased it better, maybe I should have written something along the lines of, "My friend was instant messaging with your screen name on mormondatingsite and whoever was typing the messages told her his name is Damien.  You told me your name is Joe.  What's going on?"  But I didn't think of that until later.  He did reply to my query, though.
"I don`t know, surprise me"
 Huh?  I'm still not sure how that made exact sense in relation to the question I asked.  Ok, maybe the "I don't know" bit makes sense, but "surprise me"?  But he didn't offer anything by way of explanation, so I decided, like Scarlett, that I was finished talking to him and I didn't write back.  Two weeks later, I got this:
"your last message said the your friend told you I am someone else and I asked you to surprise me ( or prove) what your friend said but got no answer so obviously your friend couldn`t prove it and thats why you didn`t reply from you.
I am not in this site for gossip but to find my  best mate(wife) and have not time for soap opera, now tell me what you are looking for........"
 I would like to take a moment to point out a few things (although, I'm not even sure where to begin).  Thing the first:  Since when does "surprise me" translate into "prove it"?  Thing the second:  Maybe I'm weird (okay, I know I'm weird, but not for this), but if someone doesn't write back to me within three days I assume they've blown me off and I get on with my life.  Thing the third:  After two weeks of not realizing he'd been blown off, he writes like he's still maybe interested, but is full of provocation and arrogance, too.  That pissed me right-the-hell off.  But, I'm a fairly reasonable princess, and so I wrote back.
"Here's the thing...someone with the username Sheep52 told my friend his name is something different than what the same username told me his name is. It's a situation that makes me suspicious. I don't like games, so I'm done with the guy who has the username Sheep52."
I like to think that was fairly clear.  Perhaps I should have given him the specific story, but that really wasn't the point I wanted to get across.  The point I wanted to get across was that I was finished with him.  Really, though, I should have just stuck with my original plan of just being finished with talking to him!!!  He wrote back.
"looks like you are gossip type of gal who can make my life miserable because of it. I don`t like that he said-she said thing. You need to grow up and be a mature woman; I have no interest in you anymore, bye"
 I didn't write back this time.  I knew there was no way to go about it without being immature.  But I really wanted to.  I really wanted to point out that I'd already said I was done with him.  I really wanted to point out that he was stupid for not understanding that two weeks of not hearing from me already meant that I had lost interest in him.  And I really, REALLY, REALLY wanted to point out that he was an arrogant dick with severely flawed logical reasoning,  and that he didn't proofread his outgoing messages.  

3 comments:

  1. Have you read the blog post about Mormon douche bags. OH. MY. STINKIN'. HECK! It's amazing.

    http://mormonchildbride.blogspot.com/2011/05/unfortunately-not-endangered.html

    I bet this guy is one of them. Probably a foreign one. Don't give him another thought. Although yes, when it comes right down to it, it is fun to poke fun at people with poor grammar. Fun and so, so, so sad.

    Oh and I thought those fish up there were little spermies. Little spermies that followed my mouse around. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my sister, you just cracked me right up! I laughed right out loud for two minutes over your spermies remark. I may have to consider changing that particular decoration. And then I laughed some more when I read that blog...kinda makes me think of someone we know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)

    Yeah, it does. Especially the part about not liking women who are smarter/more successful than they.

    Oh man, Corey was telling me about guys on the mish who were kept in the office just so the president could keep an eye on them. I thought it was an exaggeration, but apparently, not so. I guess it happens everywhere.

    Corey laughed really hard about the spermies remark too. We had a lot of fun when we discovered we could feed them.

    ReplyDelete